Metrika is a well-funded US-based startup building the world's premier operational intelligence platform for blockchain. Metrika works with a variety of organizations, such as blockchain vendors and associations, to help them and their community members analyze the performance, security, and reliability of their Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) networks.
As the first Product Designer on the team, you’ll own end-to-end design processes and decisions that accelerate product development. You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to take our MVP product to the next stage by designing new features and deeply understanding the needs of our users. You’ll own strategic decisions around our design system and advocate for design best practices across the team.
If you are passionate about solving problems in a nascent field where there aren’t defined answers yet and would love to work with a small, geographically distributed team in the early stages, join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Design robust features that address user pain points. Includes researching comparable solutions, creating high fidelity prototypes in Figma, and testing with users
- Understand user needs through customer discussions and research
- Work with teammates to brainstorm features and define requirements
- Collaborate with engineers to translate requirements and guide implementation, understanding when trade-offs are necessary
- Own design system decisions that balance the needs of the product with our capacity to execute
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience working on web and/or mobile applications as a product or UI/UX designer
- Experience designing products from initial idea to launch
- Experience running user research
- Experience creating prototypes and user flows
- Experience with design systems and component libraries
- Experience designing responsive web apps
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and effectively with teammates across functions
- Ability to convey ideas clearly in written and visual format
- Strong sense of ownership and decision-making even in ambiguous situations
- Nice to have:
- Experience designing monitoring solutions
- Experience using Figma
- Familiarity with blockchain
This position is currently open only to:
- individuals who reside and are authorized to work for any employer in the United States OR
- individuals who reside and have the right to work in Canada OR
- individuals who reside and have the right to work in the European Economic Area (EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) and the UK.
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.