Senior Software Engineer (Backend/Tooling)
RemoteUnited States, Massachusetts, CambridgeEngineering
We are building the world's premier Operational Intelligence platform for Blockchain. We strive to develop our systems by observing the best practices of our craft; this means writing testable, performant, easy to maintain and constantly improving code, while enabling our company to iterate our product fast and stay ahead.
These are the early days of our platform, and as a Senior Software Engineer you will be able to contribute, influence and take ownership in significant parts of our systems. Our goal is to build a very high performance platform, capable of analyzing thousands of transactions across multiple blockchain networks in real-time.
If you are a Senior Software Engineer, with a solid understanding of distributed systems, passion for your work and would love to work with a geographically distributed team, join us!
What this position is all about:
- Designing and implementing crawlers, software agents and accompanying backend services that feed our Operational Intelligence platform with hundreds of metrics pertaining to the performance and health of Blockchain networks. You will be expected to demonstrate capacity to code (or pick up competence in) Python or Golang.
- Working under a Scrum or Kanban framework and releasing product increments on a continuous basis.
- Owning your work. This means writing unit tests, ensuring proper containerization, observability/instrumentation and documentation for your code.
- Understanding, participating and contributing to the company goals, regardless of your role. Metrika is a small company with a very inclusive culture. We are looking for people that share those values with us.
Please note: Our Engineering team is predominantly based in Europe. This position is currently open to those resident and currently able to work in the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Liechtenstein), Switzerland, the UK as well the eastern United States/Canada (UTC-4/UTC-5 timezone)
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
You will need:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Masters or higher degrees preferred.
- Considerable experience in building production-grade, distributed, cloud native, asynchronous/event-based microservices-based or serverless systems, using Python, Golang, Java/C# or Scala. (At Metrika we're predominantly using Python and Golang for our services and tools at this time.)
- Excellent understanding of TDD, agile development methodology and version control.
- The ability to function autonomously to solve problems, and deliver working software. Our geographic distribution requires people that can work well on their own.
- The ability to communicate well with your
team, both interactively and asynchronously, and that of being a
positive, constructive team member.
You'll probably be a great fit if you have:
- Expert knowledge of Python or Golang.
- Experience with blockchain systems.
- Experience with key-value, document, time series or other non-relational databases.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes or Serverless environments.
- Experience with SQS/SNS, Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ or other brokers.
- Experience with public cloud providers, e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, DigitalOcean etc.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated email from the recruitee.com domain within a few minutes acknowledging we have received your application. If you do not receive this email within a few minutes, please check your spam folder or other filtered folders. And to ensure our future communications reach you, please add emails from the recruitee.com domain to your safe list.