Senior SRE (DevOps)
We are building the world's premier Operational Intelligence platform
for Blockchain. We strive to develop our systems by observing the best
practices of our craft; this means building redundant, performant, secure and scalable systems, while at the same time enabling our company to deliver the best services and products it can to its customers.
These are the early days of our platform, and as a Senior SRE you will be able to contribute, influence and take ownership in
significant parts of our systems. Our goal is to build a very high
performance platform, capable of analysing thousands of transactions
across multiple blockchain networks in real-time. We have a hybrid-cloud platform in the making, optimizing for cost, security and the scalability/elasticity of our platform.
If you are a Senior SRE with a solid understanding of
linux, containers, kubernetes, distributed systems, automation and would love to work with a
geographically distributed team, join us!
What this position is all about:
- Designing, deploying, maintaining and managing our hybrid-cloud infrastructure, using IaC, configuration management and automation. We hate routine tasks with a passion!
- Working under a Scrum or Kanban framework and being responsive in dealing with the needs of the team
your work. This means working alongside developers to contribute ideas, suggestions, code on security, automation, scaling, CI/CD, testing, data pipelines. We are one team working on a number of services.
- Understanding, participating and contributing to the
company goals, regardless of your role. Metrika is a small company with a
very inclusive culture. We are looking for people that share those
values with us.
Please note: Our Engineering team is
predominantly based in Europe. This position is currently open to those
resident and currently able to work in the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Liechtenstein), Switzerland, the UK as well the eastern United States/Canada (UTC-4/UTC-5 timezone)
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin,
ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
You will need:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Masters or higher degrees preferred.
least 4 years of experience in designing and maintaining production-grade, cloud native,
asynchronous/event-based microservices-based or serverless infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible (or Puppet, Saltstack, Chef)
- Expertise in linux system administration, *nix system design.
- Experience with at least two public cloud providers out of AWS, GCP, Azure, DigitalOcean etc.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
ability to function autonomously to solve problems, and deliver working
software. Our geographic distribution requires people that can work
well on their own.
- The ability to communicate well with your
team, both interactively and asynchronously, and that of being a
positive, constructive team member.
You'll probably be a great fit if you have:
- Experience with blockchain systems.
- Experience in deploying, tuning and maintaining database systems.
- Experience in deploying, tuning and maintaining brokers (e.g. Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Experience with OLAP technologies, e.g., but not limited to Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Presto, etc.